Saturday, October 18, 2008

Variation on a Chicken Sandwich

Whole wheat pitas with marinated chicken, roasted red pepper, tomato, lettuce, and a Turkish influenced yogurt sauce.

The sauce was Greek Yogurt (one of my favorite staples), cilantro, parsley, lemon zest, honey, salt, pepper, a touch of garlic, and freshly toasted and ground coriander and cumin seeds.  Those last two are in the mortar there.  I can practically see you rolling your eyes....but it's not that big a PITA.  I have a little pan I only use for toasting spices so it only really needs to be wiped out, and my mortar and pestle are stored within reach.  And it honestly makes a big difference in a simple sauce like this!

  Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)  marinated in a bunch of stuff I threw in the blender (like olive oil, a pepperoncini, a few cherry tomatoes, garlic, shallot, wine...).  They stay nice and juicy under the broiler:

Cheap, easy, pretty healthy...fo' real, baby.  Peace out.

No comments: