Monday, October 20, 2008

Spaghetti with Rapini and Scallops


I had no idea what was going to be for dinner last night when I sent the kids down to the basement so I could cook it.  I was confounded by the ruination of my plans to make eggplant involtini- there were no eggplants at Sendiks.  So I grabbed a big zucchini instead and figured I'd come up with something using that and the fresh ricotta.
Well I didn't- but I did have some cooked rapini that I had decided not to use for book club crostinis- and some frozen scallops (from Trader Joe's- surprisingly good).

Rummaging around in the freezer I came up with a few slices of pancetta, which I cooked til crisp.  Added garlic and the rapini, a little pasta cooking water and spaghetti:

The I seared the scallops in olive oil, deglazed the pan with white wine and a small splash of balsamic vinegar:

Like the sexy boudoir lighting?  Oooh, succulent....I need to work on these photos :(
Anyway, it was pretty good, considering it was seat-of-the-pants cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have TWO eggplants in my fridge that Peter picked up from Sendik's on Sunday. I would have gladly shared. I've never had eggplant, but he plans on doing something with it this week.