Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tasty Cuban

Oh yeah, we're international baby!

If you're ever in South Beach after bartime and you need a greasy, salty, starchy, delicious something to eat- get yourself over to Puerto Sagua on Collins, and ask for a "media noche" (midnight sandwich).  Or even a regular Cubano.  Mmmmm.  It's thin slices of well seasoned roast pork, ham, dill pickles, swiss cheese, and mustard (sometimes mixed with mayo) on a long, soft and airy roll, which is well buttered and pressed while grilling, like a pannini.

Which brings me to my leftover roast pork....


I use a Goerge Foreman grill for my paninis/Cubans.  Works great.  The Cuban roll is hard to find so I cheat on that - I keep a round loaf of Pan Turano in my freezer for paninis.

Yeah, THAT will help me drop the pounds...not!  I have an excuse.  Monday dinners have to be easy because I hit the gym that night.  And I did have a salad....

No comments: