Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Skillet glazed pork loin chops


My husband was giving me attitude about all the light meals. So I picked up some pork loin chops which aren't so bad if you cut the fat off. Seared them a really nice golden brown on both sides,


Then I poured in some of that Vidalia Cherry sauce I had made for salmon, let it boil away to glaze, and by then the meat was cooked through. I let them rest for about 10 minutes before serving so they would have the best texture. I don't seem to be able to figure out the proper settings on my camera. Sometimes the color is so off! The pictures I took in the pan with the glaze look creepy, or like a picture from a 1973 Bon Appetit- I'm not posting them.

Served with some plain baked sweet potatoes and a lot of broccoli rabe cooked with garlic and olive oil. The pic is 1/2 a chop: 3 oz = 150 calories. With the other stuff I estimated this plate was well under 300 calories (it's actually a salad plate- looks full, right? you would never guess you're still hungry- eye roll).

No comments: