Monday, August 17, 2009

Fast chicken "fajitas"

Not as good as the real deal, but still pretty tasty and at only 150ish calories per, they hit the spot.

I started with 2 chicken breasts, butterflied them but cut all the way through (so they were the same size but thinner), then rubed them liberally with Penzey's Adobo seasoning and salt. While the chicken marinated, I made a little slaw out of cabbage and carrots with a cilantro lime dressing based on buttermilk and lowfat mayo. Then, I seared the chicken in my cast iron skillet. When it was cooked, I took it out and added sliced red peppers and onions. When they were cooked, I turned the heat off, added half a can of leftover black beans, and the sliced chicken:

I served the slaw on the chicken in the tortillas, as well as some salsa, and on the side I made an avocado and Heirloom tomato salad with lime juice and olive oil.

No comments: