Thursday, September 25, 2008

Leftovers: How do I hate thee?


We are innundated by leftovers here.  I really hate leftovers.  They're boring and never taste as good.  Who wants to eat the same thing twice?  Not me.  And yet, right now I really have to use some of the leftovers we have from my 5 year old's family and kid party.  Here's why:

And that's just the upstairs fridge!  For the kid party, we had make your own pizzas.  For the grownup party:  Cheese enchiladas, flank stak soft tacos, corn and black bean salad with roasted peppers, and avocado tomato salad.  Here's a steak taco:

Last night I had kickboxing, so dinner had to be ready fast when I got home.  
Fast+leftovers=pizza.  It was ready to go into the oven as soon as the oven was hot, and while it cooked I made salads and cleaned off the table.  You don't need me to tell you how to turn leftovers into a pizza!


Pizza with (leftover) marinara sauce, roasted peppers, black olives, fresh mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni.  It is what it is.

1 comment:

j-fro said...

hey,

i made the crepes for max and maya today. yum, thanks for the good idea.