Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yes, I am still cooking.

I was in a post holiday slump. Yes, still.   We've had lots of comfort food, like-

Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic sauteed rapini. 

Made some "fat mints" (aka chocolate mint cookies) with the girls,

 Yeah, that was fun...for them.
They ate so much of the creamed butter/sugar/eggs and cocoa that the recipe was adversely affected as were their bedtimes.


We've had our share of Chinese take out...


Chicken and biscuits.


Split Pea Soup with cornbread.

Grill- pan seared swordfish with sun dried tomato and olive relish (Stonewall Kitchen), couscous with roasted vegetables, and blanched green beans.

Tandoori marinated chicken thighs with jicama, pepper, and cilantro slaw and a tomato yogurt sauce, served in pita breads.
My blogging kept me cooking healthy foods- when I slipped off with the blogging I also slipped on a few lbs, so I have a few reasons to want to get back to posting!

No comments: