Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sort of like chicken Cordon Blue

This is a fast, cheesy yummy dish.  I really needed this to be quick so I bought some frozen roasted potato wedges.  My standards are really starting to slip.  If I ever post about hamburger helper somebody drive over here and stage an intervention!  Anyhow, the package was trying to be kind of upscale with "olive oil" and "organic" and "sea salt" but in any case they were not that bad.  I also quickly sauteed a bag of baby spinach to round out the meal.


First I seasoned boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and dusted them with fine breadcrumbs.  I browned them in a touch of olive oil.  This pan is my All Clad 16" braiser and I love it.  It goes right into the oven or broiler, great heat distribution, and if you get it at just the right temperature, you can use the tiniest bit of oil and foods don't stick.

Then I smeared a little honey mustard on the chicken, draped on a slice of deli ham, and piled on the shredded Swiss.   I poured a teensy splash of white wine into the pan to prevent burning, popped it under the broiler for a few minutes and ...


Voila.  Ooey gooey, smokey, salty with that tangy sweet mustard bite, and ready in about 20 minutes.



No comments: