Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanks Mac!

So I remembered my laptop has a built in camera.  I'm not exactly getting the hang of using it to take pictures of food, though- this is the best of, like, 10 pictures of the Red Beans and Rice:

It's cold and snowy here.  I made a big pot of rib- sticking New Orleans style Red Beans and rice.  First, I sauteed the "trinity:"  onion, celery, and green bell pepper.  Then I added garlic, one Usingers Andouille sausage (diced), tomato paste, Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning, and half a pound of red kidney beans.  Cover with water and cook until the beans are soft- about 2 or 3 hours on simmer.  Mash some of the beans with a potato masher, and serve over rice.  I also browned some smoked Polish sausages and some shrimp to garnish the top- and a scattering of scallion greens (but everyone else polished off the Polish before I got home from Zumba).

That's me, tasting the broth.  Can you say "Cheese?"

I am getting a camera in 3 days; and I am hosting our Holiday Extravaganza Wine Club Party this weekend- so hopefully I'll have some good stuff to post about coming up soon!!

No comments: